Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Relaxing, Rainy Weekend...




This weekend started out perfectly -- cold and rainy, no plans on the calendar. My absolute favorite (no, seriously). I love cozy, fall days. My little boy crept into my room and woke me up at 7am, which normally I wouldn't be completely thrilled about on a Saturday... but I could tell it was gonna be a "lazy day", and I couldn't wait for it to get started. It rained and rained all day long, some areas around us had record rainfall and flooding. But we just relaxed and enjoyed being home together. Then today it was time to finally take all of our unsold yard sale things to Goodwill. My husband loaded up the car (it was completely full) and off I went. I hope all of it will be needed by someone somewhere. I have a thing about throwing things away that could be of use to someone else. I absolutely hate it. And it's been very hard for me to part with certain things from my kids' early childhood...but it was time. Very much past time. Even my son's baby swing is gone now -- that was a tough one for me. But we sold it at the yard sale to a couple who is expecting, so that made me very happy. I know - I'm pretty much a crazy lady.

My daughter set up a blog of her own this weekend (not sure if I'm going to link to it or not yet). It's adorable and she is very excited about it. Kind of a big step...mostly for me. She isn't allowed to have a Facebook just yet. Not sure when that will happen, actually... A lot of her classmates have FB, but most of her actual friends do not. So that helps my case. Social media and teens is just a recipe for disaster, in my opinion. Her little blog is good enough social media for now... and she knows all about being cautious. She is such a great little writer, I'm looking forward to reading what she comes up with. Also, my son uploaded some of his funny little videos to YouTube....which is scarier to me than my daughter having a blog. But his account will be closely monitored by my husband and I. Most of his videos are of drawings he has put together to kind of make them into a cartoon... they are super cute and he's really proud of them. But since YouTube can be a snake pit, he will never be doing anything on there alone. Not yet at least... I know someday I will have to back off and let my kids discover the world for themselves. But with the way the world is these days, that's not happening anytime soon. Especially not when the internet is involved...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!