Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Dreaded Sleepover


Last night was one of the longest nights of my life. David had his first sleepover at a friend's house, which for most kids (and moms) is more of a fun milestone than a scary one. But when you have a child with food allergies, anxiety surrounds every decision you make. At first when he asked me, I wanted to flat out tell him no - he couldn't go. But I can't tell him no for this kinda stuff forever...so I talked to the friend's mom, who I found out during the course of the conversation is a nurse, and she helped ease my mind. She has a leg up on me actually, because she knows from experience how to use an Epipen. She suggested what I was already thinking - David could bring his own food and they wouldn't feed him anything else (sometimes I feel like I make it sound like my poor child is a gremlin). So we let him go spend the night there...he's still there now and I can't wait to hear all about the adventures when I get home tonight...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!