Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm here

I haven't posted in a while... I just haven't had the energy. Been overwhelmed. This past week's news has been so horrific, I am still having trouble digging my mind out of it all. The morning of the bombings in Boston, I took this photo as I waited for my bus... 
It was such a beautiful morning, I got the distinct feeling that even though it was Monday, it was going to be a pretty great day. Boy was I wrong. Now I look at this photo so differently - as if it was God getting ready - opening up the gates of Heaven to welcome his newest angels. The cloud in the center even almost looks like a heart. I am devastated for the victims and  their families. I don't even know where to begin........I really just don't.

Every time something like this happens, I wish more and more that I could build a giant bubble around my family to keep them safe from the evil in this world. While shopping with my children Saturday, we heard a loud boom off in the distance - probably construction or something, but it stopped us in our tracks. My daughter looked at me, wide-eyed, and said "Was that a bomb?" It made me so sad. That should NOT be the first thing a child thinks of. This is not how life should be.

I truly have to force myself not to think about this for a while, because tomorrow is Monday again. That means I face another busy week of long days away from home, helplessly praying that we will all return to each other safely at the end of the day. Sorry, just speaking true to what is in my heart right now. Going to sleep, hopefully I will wake up in a better frame of mind. God bless you all...hug your loved ones tight.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!