Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Daisy

Tomorrow we are taking my sweet little Daisy to be put to sleep. My heart is broken. I say "my" Daisy because I chose her...way back in 1999 when my sister and I went to look at a brand new litter of kittens, she picked one and I picked one. In an instant I fell in love with the most beautiful little kitten I'd ever seen. She had the softest gray fur, big green eyes...a little pink mouth. She was perfect. I named her after my favorite flower. I love that cat so much. And she loves me. She has lived in my mother's apartment for years now because of my son's {and husband's and daughter's} allergies. But she has always been my little buddy... everyone has always marveled at how she would light up like a firefly as soon as she saw me. About a week ago she started acting funny. She didn't want any food, she wasn't friendly anymore...she wasn't really interested in anything other than water. Now she doesn't even want that. The vet says her kidneys are failing. Since Monday she has gone downhill fast. She barely even looks up anymore. Tonight as I was talking to her I started to cry and she raised her head slightly, trying to look in my direction. I want so badly for her to go peacefully in her sleep tonight. I don't want to take her to that place tomorrow. I know it's the humane thing to do, and I've done it before for other cats. But it's just so hard to hand them over...like I said, I know it's the humane thing to do but at the same time it feels so barbaric. My mother is snuggling her to sleep tonight and that brings me some comfort...but I'm not sure I'll sleep tonight.

This is a video I took of her on February 19th...just one month ago. I never imagined she would be leaving me so soon :*(




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!