Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tea & Blankets

I'm home from work today, sick and dealing with a head that simultaneously feels ten times too big and like it's in a vice. I've been fighting something off all week, and I just couldn't take it anymore today - I had to stay home to try to get better. My joints hurt. My head hurts...my everything hurts. I tried so hard to sleep all day today, but no such luck. I laid here - more like curled up here - on my couch, with my computer, catching up on episodes of Paranormal Witness (which I can't watch when my kids are in the house, so this was the perfect opportunity) I'm all creeped out and caught up now. If only I could stop feeling like crap...I'd be a happy camper. My hubby has taken wonderful care of me. He demanded I stay on the couch with my blankets, tea and pillows all day. Hasn't let me lift a finger -- that's how he is pretty much all the time, though. I am very lucky <3 My children will be coming home from school soon. I just want to feel better so I can hug and kiss them without worrying that I'm giving them the plague.

I think in the meantime, I'm going to make myself another cup of this wonderful tea that I discovered this week thanks to my Vegan friend at work. 
Yogi Throat Comfort tea - ever heard of it? Seriously amazing stuff, especially if you have a sore or scratchy throat. The real kicker for me is that I don't need to add ANYTHING to it. No creamer. No sugar. That's unheard of for me. The combination of herbs in this tea flavor it so that the aftertaste is delicate and sweet. It's the strangest thing -- I don't taste much of anything until after I swallow. Then I have a sweet taste in my mouth. I think it's the licorice root. If a sugar fiend like me can completely skip the sugar, you know it's gotta be good. I need to take a trip to Wegman's soon to explore the two full aisles of herbal teas. I love me some great, natural medicine. 



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!