Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mega Dreaming


$640,000,000. Three winners. Holy friggin' crap.

And now the Mega Millions is back down to a measly $21,000,000. LOL it sounds so insane to say that. But, in context.....you know what I mean. I hope the winners are people who will do some genuine good with their money. People who need it and deserve it and have worked hard to get where they are in life. There are so many things I would do if I won that money.

At the top of my list: My mother's house would be paid off in full - hell, I'd build her a new one. To her liking, however she wanted it, wherever she wanted it. She deserves all of that money and more. She is truly someone who has never once put her own happiness first and I love her so much. Just once I'd love to see her genuinely happy, secure, at peace...without a care in the world. Her life has been difficult and a lot of people just don't seem to get it. But she has also been very blessed and she is thankful for every little thing she has.

The rest of my family's debts would be wiped away. My kids college education would be taken care of. My husband and I would build a dream home that we could grow old in. He and I have been talking so much about what we would do if we won. One common theme keeps coming up - sharing the wealth. He wants to donate to the Red Cross. I want to donate to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Really there are so many charities and causes I'd help if I ever had the means to do so. It would feel so wonderful to help like that, to make life better for others. I know this is sounding really corny, but I couldn't be more serious. I've really been dreaming these past couple days. There is one completely selfish thing I would do -- I'd finally get my dream camera. My hubby would finally get his dream guitar and/or recording studio... We are not very materialistic and we've never really paid much attention to the Mega before these past couple of weeks, but we'll probably keep playing it now, even though the jackpot has now shrunk severely. You know what they say - you never know. And it's always fun to dream.

Congratulations to the winners. I truly wish you all the happiness in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!