Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Lazy Saturday with Friends

My daughter is having a "play date" today with her new middle school BFF.

Wow I guess I probably shouldn't call it a play date.
They are 11 after all...nearly 12.
And I'm trying not to be an embarrassing Mom today.


Anyway...
 I am so excited about this,
I've been waiting all year to meet this 'lil chickie & she's finally here.
She is very sweet and I can see why she and my daughter have hit it off so well.

They are like two peas in a pod.
Love being goofballs.
Not frilly girly girls.
(not that there's anything wrong with frilly girly girls! I am one myself!)
LOVE animals.
Not pre-occupied with boys and make up...(NO. Not yet)

I have only one thing...and maybe it's just me, but... her parents - having never met us before - just kinda dropped her off. I talked to her Mom last night and she seemed very nice, but I figured they'd want to meet us before leaving her here...? I guess maybe I sounded nice and trustworthy enough on the phone. I dunno. Like I said, maybe it's just me. I have been known to be a little paranoid and overprotective.

So anyway, the little BFF is here until 6:30...
So, apparently she is staying for dinner.......which is fine....
I just hope she likes pizza!!

My son has a friend here today too...they're just Wii'in it up.
These kind of weekends are my favorite.
Absolutely nothing we have to do...
although, there are a million things I SHOULD be doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!