Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Year

So this is the time of year when everyone is starting in on those resolutions.
I usually make one that I can’t keep for more than a week or two.
You know the typical ones - eating right, getting more sleep, organizing, exercising...
But I have seriously thought about what I want 2012 to be about, and…I’m ready.
My resolution for 2012 is to simply be happy.
Don’t laugh – it may sound silly, but it’s something that I have to consciously work on.
My kids, husband and family make me happy of course – I love them dearly and they are my world.
But they are not who I am.
And that’s just it -- I want to be happy with me.
I want to figure out what I truly love and enjoy - as an individual – besides as a mommy, wife, daughter…
I used to know exactly who I was, what truly moved me and what spoke to my inner being.
Right now, there are those few things I know for certain…
I love my kids and I love my husband. I love my family. I love photography…
Those are the main, essential ingredients in my life and I thank God for them every day,
but there has to be more to me and I want to find it all.
That is what 2012 is going to be all about for me.

Please don’t mistake this for selfishness…
I just happen to believe it’s true that in order for a person to be truly happy,
they need to accept, love and be happy with who they are. That is my focus.
I think it’s the one thing that has been missing from my life all along.
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful! This is such a beautiful way to think about starting the new year on the right foot!

    Happy seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a WONDERFUL New Year's Resolution. It is so easy to become lost in our world of mom/wife/etc and forget who WE are. Finding what brings US joy (besides our family, of course), is so important. Find your bliss then follow your bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute link-up idea!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this post. It's always important to have "you" time and having a family shouldn't change that. Good luck on your 2012 journey! :)
    -Marian

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!