Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 18th

Normally on January 18th,
I post a message to my beloved Uncle Tommy who died on this day in 1994…
(I love you and miss you ALWAYS Uncle Tommy.
Even after 18 long years, not a day goes by that I don’t think about you…xoxoxo)

But tonight, my heart is heavy for another reason. One of my daughter’s pet gerbils – her favorite one who she has loved and adored for three and a half years now - is on his way up to Heaven himself. He has aged and slowed down a bit over the past month or so, but over these past couple of days he took a turn for the worse. Especially today. I don’t think he’s going to make it through the night. I am heartsick. My poor girl went to bed sobbing, and it’s so awful that I cannot do much of anything to console her. I keep telling her how wonderful she has been to him and his brother, how she has been the best owner any animal could ask for, but naturally that doesn’t take away her pain of knowing he’s not going to be here much longer. Here’s hoping I’m wrong and that he has a miraculous recovery by morning…miracles do happen. Right? I love this little guy too – he’s been a little furball full of joy in our house for so long now… I don’t want him to go.

This part of having pets really sucks.
(I’m breaking the rules - these were not taken today. I couldn’t bring myself to take any pictures today)
It’s amazing how much pets can mean to their owners – even teeny tiny pets like him.
Red heart
Well, with hope and positive thoughts in my mind, I should probably get some sleep.
Because bright and early tomorrow morning, my Dad is having surgery again.
Some of you may recall his ordeal from last summer when he almost lost his right leg due to complete arterial blockages…Well, tomorrow – they will do bypasses on his other leg, which has the same problem.

Wow I’m so full of good news today aren’t I??

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you and your little ones have to go through this! Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!