Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

A Pretty Good Week

The week started out with uncertainty – my sister was scheduled to have surgery to remove a large cyst on her ovary on Monday…the surgery went well and she went home the same day. The doctor had suspected endometriosis may also be involved and told her she may lose her ovary – possibly both of them - because of it, but thankfully that was not the case. Instead she got the best news possible – the cyst was easy to remove and her ovaries and uterus look healthy otherwise. She is free to have children! She wasn’t sure she was going to have the option anymore once this surgery was over with, so I’m very happy for her! And for me! lol I want to be an Aunt someday!

My daughter’s school holiday band concert was this week and they really were amazing. I was so proud. Honestly, these kids sound better than my high school band EVER sounded. Their teacher is a little too over-the-edge serious about her job…and yeah it pays off, but it also stresses some of the kids out too much. I think my girl might take a break from band next school year, but ultimately it will be up to her…it’s stressful but at the same time I can tell she’s proud of herself and the progress she’s made – as she should be!

She’s the blurry one in the middle. lol I am so bad with my camera :(

Other than that, my son’s been busy having fun with his new birthday toys and we’ve been trying to figure out where the heck to put the old ones because as of right now, Santa would be horrified at the mess and might give him socks or underwear or something instead of toys…we’ll keep working on it…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!