Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Birth Day Eve ~ 12/1/03

Tonight, on the eve of my son’s 8th birthday, I’d like to post the entry I made to my baby journal the night before he was born…I have my Birth Story saved somewhere as well…I’ll have to find that. I’m honestly so happy that I am finished having children, however when I read this, I miss being pregnant. A little. But when I look at this picture of me about to POP…that feeling fades fast. lol
December 1st, 2003…38 Weeks, 6 Days – the day before.

Well, I’m off to bed. I can’t believe that in just 8 hours or so, I will be seeing you and holding you for the first time! I can’t believe it! I am scared. I’m scared about the surgery, and I’m scared about how you are going to adjust to life outside of my body. I hope that you breathe well, and that you come out crying! Hopefully I will be able to stay calm, and my heart won’t race during the surgery. Lots of people told me they would say a prayer for me, and I say thanks but it scares me that they say that too, haha. Today, we went to pick out our bedroom set at the furniture store, and we went and got our change of address forms at the post office. Other than that, we kind of sat around in a daze all day, haha. We are all nervous about tomorrow.

Michelle & Amanda called tonight to wish me luck, and so did Beverly, Charlene, Denise, Debbie, a whole bunch of people. Samantha seems very excited to meet you! She says she wants to hold you. She’s got a cute little present to give you at the hospital (and you have one to give to her too! It’s going to be tough for me to be away from Samantha for 3 or 4 nights, or even ONE night for that matter – I have never spent a night away from her in her whole life. I think she’ll be OK though, she’ll have Daddy here with her. I’m going to miss her though, and I hope she understands that I will come home.  Daddy & I decided to bring her to the hospital from the very beginning, so she feels a part of everything that’s going on. Grandma offered to stay here with her until it got closer to the time of your birth, but we would rather have her there the whole time. We keep telling her you’re HER baby too! Last night, she was making me “feel her baby move” in her belly! She kept wiggling her tummy and saying “Oooh! He’s kicking again!” She’s soooo adorable! She says her baby’s name is Thomas. I love her so much, I can’t believe I am so blessed to have such a wonderful little girl, and to have a sweet little boy coming into my life tomorrow!

Well, I should get to sleep. It’s almost midnight, and I am planning to get up at 4 0r 4:30 to get ready & take a shower & make sure I have everything I need. I will be very tired tomorrow night. Please God let everything go smoothly! I’m scared, but I have faith we will be fine, and I know there are a lot of people praying for us. I just can’t wait to see your adorable little face. Only 8 hours to go! I love you, my little boy! Being pregnant with you has been a very long, happy, scary, wonderful, worrisome, exciting & terrifying experience!!! I will miss your kicks and squirms in there, and I really do think after tomorrow I will miss feeling that. I wanted all of this to go by so quickly, and from day one I counted the days and couldn’t wait for it to be the day you would be born, and now that that day is upon me, I feel like I’d like a little bit more time to hold you in my belly. I once again worried the whole time and didn’t just enjoy. But that’s just my nature I guess. Daddy said today that he expects me to want another baby, because I will forget all the bad and remember only the good parts of pregnancy. I’m not so sure, but we shall see. I love you, and I can’t wait to finally meet you! My prediction is that you will have dark hair and blue eyes, and weigh 8 lbs. 2 oz., and be 20.5 inches long. Whatever the case though, please just be healthy!! I love you!

~Mommy~

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!