Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It’s happening…

I was so dreading this. My daughter and my son have always been inseparable. They are three and a half years apart, she is the older one – and when he was born, she adored him…and that’s the way it stayed for a long, long time. I have always been so thankful that they got along so well and loved each other so much and I counted my blessings on that because I knew the day would come when they wouldn’t be best buds anymore… Well, now that my daughter is in her pre-teen years, naturally, she doesn’t want him around so much. He is turning 8 and he is still very much a little kid, while she is really growing up fast - rapidly outgrowing the silliness and the usual games they used to play together. So far middle school hasn’t really been a bad experience, per se – but it’s definitely changed her already. She’s closing her door and wanting time to herself a lot more…she listens to her music and drowns out the world quite often these days, and sometimes she is just plain impatient and doesn’t have any interest in my little guy’s antics anymore. It breaks my heart because he doesn’t understand it and he just wants to play with his big sister like he used to. I don’t know, I know I’m making a bigger deal out of this than I need to, and I know that what is happening is completely normal – but I dreaded it for so long, and once again, I sit here wishing I had a time machine so I could go back to all of this…
 

So if anyone out there knows any good time machine makers, please let me know.
I am so sad about this

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!