Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Giving Thanks

Every year on Thanksgiving, we go to my husband’s parents house for dinner…It is always outstanding, with all of the traditional foods of Thanksgiving – and it looks pretty too :)

Our sweetie joined us this year.
She got all prettied up for the occasion with a nice bath and nail trimming.
(The dog, not my daughter :) 

  
My son put on his best crazy face, as always
And then we stuffed ourselves...


That would be my husband trying to grab my food…

The dog begged for food the whole time. Little stinker.

My husband also baked this delicious birthday cake for his Aunt who was sharing both holidays with us for the first time in a long time (Thanksgiving AND her birthday)She was truly surprised and very touched…
One of the things I was most thankful for this year was that my father made it through his terrible medical ordeal this past summer, and that he did not lose his leg.
He does still have to have his other leg operated on in the near future, but I honestly wasn’t sure he was going to pull through after having the first one done. It was an incredibly hard year for him…and I was so happy he and my mother shared Thanksgiving with us this year. The only person missing was my sister – who is having surgery herself in a couple of weeks. That’s a whole other ordeal that I’ll get into later. Prayer definitely helps.

I hope you all had a wonderful, happy and healthy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!