Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Sock Bun

So the other day, I was browsing around wasting time on my new virtual obsession – Pinterest – and I came across a picture of a girl with long hair with curls in it. The caption said “sock bun curls…curl your hair with a sock!”… That sounded sooo strange to me. But of course I was curious, so I clicked on the picture, followed a link to a YouTube video showing how to do it, and I thought this is WAY too good to be true – gotta try it!! So last night, I tried it. Yeah… it works. Here’s my proof!

This is my hair before. Clean and dry.
(Yes it desparately needs to be trimmed…the ends are just…sad.)
sock bun before
I put my hair in the ponytail, wrapped it around the sock and into a perfect bun (watch the video below to see exactly how to do it). This bun is REALLY easy to do, by the way. I suck at hair buns. This one turned out awesome and I could easily wear it like this all day. Anyway… here’s my bun:
 sock bun
And then…….sock bun curls  Only con – because I am OCD about my hair – I broke down and used a straightener to get rid of the ponytail kink, which is why the top half of my hair is so straight here. I hate having a ponytail kink, lol I’ll have to practice more and maybe not pull the bun so tight…? Other than that – all I used was shine spray.

By the end of the day…(about 12 hours later)sock bun curls The curls were actually still there :)
That almost never happens for me when I use a curling iron or hot rollers. 

I LOVE THE SOCK BUN.

Wanna try it? Here’s how!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this, and honestly couldn't have asked for a better time to see it :) I'm getting engagement photos done Friday and will definitely be trying this to see how it looks. Thanks for sharing.

    -Rachel Cottongim
    <a href="http://grlnlve.blogspot.com/>the happily ever after project</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, just wanted you to know I found your site through the blog hop :) And I'm your newest follower.

    the happily ever after project

    rachel cottongim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! It looks so good!
    Thanks for the follow over on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curls look so pretty!!!

    I'm stopping by from Say Hi Sunday.

    I am now a new Google Connect Friend and would love if you stop by my blog at http://artpark78.com/blog1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your curls are gorgeous. I love doing the sock buns but I never seen the sock curls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, ladies :) Have you tried it yourselves yet?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!