Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pinterest Love

Anyone else out there ADORE  Pinterest??? Because I am completely obsessed. Holy crap, I can’t stop pinning. I have 20 something boards now! There are so many amazing ideas and inspirations on there… In fact the kids and I made this today as a result of a craft idea that I found on there...
The picture is terrible quality thanks to my iPod Touch camera but the banner turned out really cute! We found some leaves outside, painted them with Crayola washable paint and pressed them onto colored construction paper. Then we cut them out and clothes-pinned them onto the string and voila, we had a cute new fall decoration. We are planning to make one for each season/holiday from now on. They are super inexpensive to make but so cute & festive!! We had a blast making it. One of the things I love most about these banners is that you can remove the current decorations from the string and put them in (for example) a large gallon sized baggie to protect them from moisture until next year and keep reusing the string & clothespins for the other holidays. We’re planning to make one like this for Halloween in a couple weeks (this is the one I came across on Pinterest)…

If you haven’t checked out Pinterest, you might want to. It’s a fun way to catalogue your interests and ideas and to find other ones that maybe you haven’t thought of before…I just might become a crafty Mom after all…hell, I might even bake! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. New follower from the Sunday Social Hop. Let me just tell ya, I am completely addicted to Pinterest!! Of course, all it makes me want to do is cook, eat, and re-decorate! I'll be posting several recipes from Pinterest this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Newest follower from CuteECakes Blog Hop. Would love for you to consider following me back. Thanks! Malia
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower from the blog hop. Please come follow me back
    http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing Blog hop tag YOUR IT! Tag me back at:
    http://my-bloggityblog.blogspot.com/ and on facbook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bloggity-Blog/260564090644111

    I love this art project and would love to post it on my blog if you would let me!

    Thanks Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopped by from the blog hop and now a new follower thru GFC. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much for your help and have a wonderful day!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hop'in by from 'Sunday Funday Hippidy Blog Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the banner idea. It looks like it would be a fun and easy craft to make with my kids, thanks for sharing!

    Found you via the Silly Sunday Hop!

    Lacey

    Little Miss Nerd Girl

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!