Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Don’t Wanna

My birthday is coming. I hate getting older. Yeah yeah, I know it’s better than the alternative. But since I turned 30 I have not liked my birthday. But we celebrate it anyway, mostly for the kids’ sake. This year may be different, considering my Dad is still in the hospital and wouldn’t be able to come over, even for cake. He’s been so depressed since his surgery a month ago, I don’t want to add to it by celebrating my birthday without him. I dunno, I guess I’m just happy it’s on a Saturday! I can be home, relax, stay in my pajamas and just feel old and sad off in the corner somewhere ;) And I guess I’ll try to keep this in mind.
What a great quote.

6 comments:

  1. Happy (early) birthday! Sorry your dad won't be able to make it :( Could you maybe have birthday cake for him somehow in the hospital room? Might be a crazy idea but...ya never know!

    I love the photo you used!

    Sorry you're bummed out :( BUT- I'm your newest follower, hope ya follow back! ox

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it gets better! It sounds like a great plan though - a day to curl up on a couch and read or watch movies - in your PJs and have everyone wait on you. Tell them I said so!

    Thanks for joining the Tuesday Train!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great quote! (Honestly I think everyone gets better with age)

    New blog follower! Feel free to come back and enter my great giveaways! http://www.peacelovepoop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quote! I turned the "dirty thirty" this month & have been feeling down about it....this quote puts things into perspective. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, great quote! Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up for the Wild Wednesday Hop! Hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (early) Birthday! Hope its a great day overall and you enjoy your day at home!

    New follower from Welcome Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!