Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Gardening Day

Just like last Memorial Day weekend, we spent today re-doing our flower garden. Jeff and the kids did most of the work, but I helped. I even picked up a worm. One of the kids took it & threw it somewhere before I could get a picture of it. It was frickin huge.

My husband is very talented at landscaping, he did it for a living for a while before we had kids. He went and got a bunch of bags of top soil and used some bricks to make a two-level garden so more of the flowers will be visible from the front - and so the flower-eating bunnies might not have such easy access to everything.
(somehow I think the little furballs will make it up there anyhow)



The before picture looks a little better because it’s not as washed out but trust me the garden looks a million times better than it did this morning. We have a mix of Impatiens, Begonias, Dahlias, Violas, Dianthus, Zinnias & tons of other random flowers that we picked out at the school flower sale. I am so completely in love with flowers.
  

This is David’s Yellow Dahlia that he chose for his terra cotta pot that he decorated.


And this is Sammi’s purple flower plant that she chose for hers. I can’t remember what it is but she purposely picked one that did not have any blooms yet so she can see if she can make it bloom herself.

All of our potted plants soaking up sun in the yard.

I also rescued the clover I found growing in the front garden. I think the little shamrocks are so beautiful but my husband says they will take over everything. So I took it and transplanted it into that little pink ceramic container. They look pretty pathetic right now but I’m hoping they’ll bounce back.

I’m also very excited because my daisy patch is about to bloom any day now…

It’s too bad these are the kind of daisies that stink because as everyone knows, they are my absolute FAVORITE flowers. They will be on my kitchen table in a pretty vase in a few weeks…stinking up the house.

8 comments:

  1. Hi there! Visiting from the FNF bloghop. Awesome blog! I am a new follower ;) Please stop by Diaper Style Memoirs and follow back :) Check out and enter the amazing Honeycup giveaway while you're there!

    Inessa
    www.diaperstylememoirs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend part of the long weekend. I need to do the same thing with my flower beds. I'm stopping by from Say Hi Sunday... now your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Following you from the Sunday blog hop! I Hope you visit my Cajun blog and return the follow!
    - Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Blog! Happy Sunday! I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog as well! If you like it you can follow back! Thanks! Hope to blog with you again soon!

    Http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I love gardening myself. New public follower here from Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop. Nice blog. I would appreciate you following back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I would also appreciate if you would like me in facebook http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and in twitter @DeniseLillaRose. I always follow back. Just leave me a note so I know you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gardening! It looks like you had fun! Found you at the Sunday Blog Hop and am glad I did! Am a happy new follower!

    http://www.marleeindebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE gardening! I totally know what you mean about the clover...sometimes "weeds" are so very cute--I'm glad you got to rescue them! And I'm sure they'll bounce back!

    I saw you on the FNF bloghop and am following now...you've got a great blog! My kids are pretty young right now, but it's so fun to imagine what they'll be like in a few years!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gardening looks great. I need to do some work in my garden. I think I have just been inspired.

    I am following you via the Memorial Day Finding New Friends Weekend blog Hop. Please stop by my blog and say hello. I am your newest GFC follower

    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!