Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

DARE to be Drug Free

My girl, waiting to walk across the stage to get her D.A.R.E. diploma

She and all of her 5th grade friends learned so much from this wonderful & important program. The essays that the kids read were absolutely amazing. They really seemed to take it all in – one of the girls wrote hers on Heroin – I had tears in my eyes because of the way she expressed her views on the dangers of it and many other drugs, based on what she learned from the police officers who dedicated their time. My daughter wrote her essay about marijuana, alcohol and tobacco…I was going to share it on here but I think she doesn’t really want me to, lol. It was AWESOME. I am so proud of her!! I can only hope and pray that she always sticks to her pledge to stay drug free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!