Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Trying to Stay Positive

I am always so mentally exhausted at night once my kids are in bed, I can’t bring myself to sit down and blog most nights. I really want to, it just doesn’t happen. The other night I did write a whole big entry and was ready to publish…but then I proceeded to fall asleep on my laptop and accidentally deleted everything I wrote…ugh.

This week has been rough. We found out a couple of weeks ago that for the first time ever, our employer is being forced by the state to permanently lay off hundreds of people. We had a staff meeting Wednesday and were told the process would be complete sometime in May. Then on Thursday, the first three people in our building were given their notice. So the reality is hitting. Even if I do keep my job, I am bound to lose some of my friends – people like me who also have families and children to take care of – and that just sucks no matter how you look at it. So that’s been a serious downer this week and the tension and morale at work is at its worst right now. It’s difficult to work hard at a job that you’re not sure you’re going to have in a month…but considering how important and essential our work is to the public - who will unfortunately see and have to deal with the mess once we’re shorthanded – we manage to do it anyway. We’re all kind of hoping the process will be completed much sooner than “sometime in May” so that people can get on with their lives and figure out what to do next. All I can really do is hope for the best and remember that no matter what happens things will be alright. No matter how bad things have gotten in my life, I always end up being able to see very clearly once the dust settles that everything really did happen for a reason and that it put me right where I was meant to be…I usually have a nervous breakdown in the meantime – but things work out.

Anyway – on the bright side – THE SABRES ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! And they won Game One on Thursday night! Not only did they win –but my Millsy got a SHUT OUT! What could possibly cheer me up more than that?! It was a great, nail-biting game and tonight’s game promises to be just as exciting. And if we win, we come home for Games 3 & 4 up 2 nothing in the Series. That would be amazing. Plus, one of my best friends in the world is coming over to watch it with us tonight. I haven’t seen her since the summertime and she’s one of those people who no matter how long it’s been, you can pick up right where you left off like nothing ever happened :) Thank God for friends like that!

LET’S GO BUFFALO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!