Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Welcome Baby Connor!

Early this morning, we got a voice mail from my brother-in-law who said he had a few good things to tell us…my first thought was that maybe his wife was in labor – she was due with their little boy April 7th and I figured this was close enough. So my husband called him back and they talked for a few minutes…Joe (my brother-in-law) told my husband that they just signed the contract for a new house…they’ve been searching for a home for a long time now so that was great news! Then (and I could only hear one side of the conversation), he came out with the news that “Kara had the baby!!” AAAAGGGGHHH! What? Not what we were expecting to hear! How exciting! She went into labor in the middle of the night and the baby was breech so she ended up with a c-section. He came into the world at about 5:30 this morning! We are so excited to have a sweet new nephew! So we planned to go and meet him  today up at the hospital (as I said, I’d already taken the day off), but we had a long day of fun things planned with our own kids first. So anyway, first we went shopping for some things and we bought some sweet little items for baby Connor…my husband picked them out, can ya tell?

After shopping, we went to see “Gnomeo & Juliet” (cute movie, not anything to rave about though) and we had lunch at Red Robin (yummmm!) Ugh I seriously hate that song and it will be stuck in my brain for the next week. But the food was pretty good I guess. Halfway through lunch I could see that David didn’t look so good under the eyes and I just knew he was getting sick. When we got home, I took his temp, and sure enough – he had a 101 fever. The little stinker said he felt fine until he found out he had a fever and then he started acting sick. He just so badly wanted to be able to do everything we had planned for the day, he probably did everything in his power to ignore that he wasn’t feeling well and he sure was acting completely normal. But after that, he spent the rest of the day relaxing on the couch and watching Cars with Daddy. And of course we had to cancel our plans to go visit the new baby because we could never chance getting him or my sister-in-law sick :( But hopefully we’ll get to see them soon! I can’t wait!! I sooo miss holding a little baby!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi following you from
    Social Parade Friday!
    Hope you visit me and
    return the follow!:0)

    Congrats on your new
    nephew!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the onsies!

    I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you please follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!