Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

O’ Christmas Tree

We always start decorating for Christmas as soon as Thanksgiving is over. So this morning, there was no time to waste :)

When we were preparing to put up the tree, Samantha was crazy happy when she found her 101 Dalmatians ornament, which Grandma & Grandpa gave her last year. Pretty ironic :) 


David was equally happy when he found the Lightning McQueen ornament that they gave him last year. He was under the impression that this had been a keychain and he had us looking all over the house for it this past summer while he sobbed…


And Layla was super excited when she found her Elf hat & jingle bell jewelry that Santa brought her last year! lol. She really couldn’t wait to put them on, but she didn’t keep the elf hat on for very long.



We watched THE BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER!!
 

After a while, they got bored of decorating the tree and I finished it mostly myself. Next year we’re gonna need a bigger tree for our ten zillion ornaments. We have an artificial tree – it’s older than dirt but it still looks beautiful every year. My parents bought it when I was about my daughter’s age and we have used it most years…real trees are nice, but you can’t put them up right after Thanksgiving unless you want a house fire for Christmas. I’ve always felt that real trees are a pain in the ass to keep up after anyway…plus, my son would probably be allergic to them.
Sad but true.


The finished product…
 
I love how the one on the right glows, although it’s out of focus...
I’ll call it unintentional full-photo bokeh ;) 

We ended the day {after watching the Sabres WIN} with a sleepover, cocoa, and Polar Express! I am so ready for Christmas :)


4 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower ~ love your tree, it's so pretty!

    Hope you will visit & follow my blog too!

    Aimee @ Justkiddingaroundatlanta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!

    Following you from the Sensational Saturday/Sunday blog hop! Hope you'll stop by and visit http://mylifeinjenga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following from the Super Mega blog hop!

    http://www.giveawaysformom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from the bloghop.
    I follow you on GFC. I'd love for you to follow me back
    Tiffany
    http://tiffspixiedust.blogspot.com
    Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!