Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Family Movie Night

Every now and then we have a Family Movie Night. We try to make it a monthly thing - we get snacks, everyone puts their phone/iPod/computer away, and we sit down and watch the movie as a family. We usually try to pick a movie that none of us have seen before, but tonight’s choice was “Kung Fu Panda”, which my kids pretty much know by heart. LOVE that movie! Jack Black is the man!  It was a nice way to end a rough day. First thing this morning when I got to work, my boss informed me that one of the girls in our office suddenly lost her mother yesterday :-( So awful…she was an older lady, but no matter what, I don’t think anyone is ever ready to lose their mother – especially not suddenly like that. Also, I tried in vain all day to get my blood test results, but they hadn’t come back yet :-( I was kicking myself all day for going for the tests on a Thursday afternoon. That was pretty much setting myself up for a long weekend of waiting and worrying :-(

I’ve decided to link up with Five Question Friday blog hop.
I really like the questions this week!

1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?
I did have one in 6th grade and she was from Palo Alto, California. Her name was Cejka and we shared a serious obsession with New Kids on the Block. We both loved Jordan the most :) Then at some point there was a large, deadly earthquake out there and I never received another letter from her :-( I’ve always wondered if that meant anything…

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?
It’s tough to decide – my dream job has always been a police officer. I was working toward that goal at the time that I discovered I was pregnant with my daughter and I quit school shortly thereafter. I knew I couldn’t be a cop and a Mommy. Some people can do that, but I’m not one of them. Anyway, I can’t decide if I’d choose be a cop for a day or a newborn nurse for a day. I LOOOOOVE little babies and that was one of the other dream jobs of mine…wow talk about two totally different things, lol.

3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?
Yes - dogs. I unfortunately watched Cujo when I was six which scarred me for life and made me terrified of large dogs. In fact I had a recurring dream for years about a large dog swallowing my arm! Yeah…I’ve gotten over it for the most part but my heart still races when I see an un-restrained dog that’s larger than a Chihuahua.

4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?
Video games. Do I really need to say why? :) That doesn’t mean I don’t ever play them, though! I heart the Sims 3.

5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?
hmmm…this is a tough one. I am a packrat, especially with clothes and shoes! It takes a lot for me to throw those out. I know I have some sweaters that date all the way back to high school days…just because some day I MIGHT, in a moment of desperation, wear them. In fact, one sweater in particular sticks out in my mind right now that I know is hanging in there…it’s hideous. WHY is it still in there? I must be crazy. lol

Here are some other hops I’m linking up to today!
Visit my Blog Hop Library to see more or to add your own blog hop to the list!

New Friend Fridays Let's Just Give It Away Friend Finding Fridays
My Wee View Smart and Trendy Moms Only-The-Curious


HAPPY WEEKEND, EVERYONE!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am Angelia from superheros and stilettos. Just visiting from Friday Follow-Love your Blog! Sorry to hear about your rough day! Hope your weekend is better!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!