Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I did it.

I did something today that I didn’t think I’d ever do again. Well, I knew I’d do it again SOMEDAY. But I always imagined that on that fateful day I would be be bound, gagged, and dragged there by my hair. Or I’d be in so much pain that I just wouldn’t know where I was.

I went to the Dentist. Hell no, this is not really my dentist.I, like many people, am terrified of the dentist.
They have always been tops on my “people who like to torture people” list.

I had a toothache for the past couple of days, which I tried really hard to ignore. But, having heard horror stories of what happens to people when they let their teeth go to hell, I knew I had to get it taken care of. So I went today at 11am. Don’t think for a second that I wasn’t fighting off a panic attack all morning long. But the people at this office were VERY nice. They were understanding, they didn’t yell at me or even laugh at me! They did my cleaning, took x-rays, and yes they hurt me a little bit, but not on purpose! Apparently, going to the dentist is not supposed to hurt. Hygienists aren’t supposed to dig into your gums with their devil floss and stab you mercilessly with their metal hook scraper things. Who knew??? I always laid there, staring up at them and trying to figure out what I ever did to them to deserve such abuse!

So…do I have any cavities? Umm…yeah. How many? More than one. Good news is – my gums and teeth are very healthy otherwise! I just need to get some measly little fillings! That will be happening on Monday…soooooo……tune in after. Should be interesting. The dentist says I will have to breathe something called nitrous oxide beforehand…and from what I hear, that will be NO fun whatsoever. (the camera batteries are charging)

hehe

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Tara, I can't believe it. I'm your first follower at your new bloggy home! :-)

    Thanks so much for joining me at Create With Joy. I enjoyed your story (boy do I relate!) and look forward to getting to know you. Hope you'll be a regular visitor and contributor to my site!

    Hugs
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thanks for being my first follower, Ramona! I seriously feel much better now! lol

    I will definitely be a regular visitor to your site, it's adorable! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!