Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Girl Scout Hell

Alright, so my daughter just started Girl Scouts two weeks ago. This is her first time ever. She wasn’t interested ever before, but this year she was all revved up about it so we signed her up way back in May to ensure that she would be placed in a troop for the fall. Well, at the first meeting, we were disappointed right off the bat. The troop leader, despite being a very nice lady, had zero control over the meeting. This troop, including my daughter, consists of four (yes - FOUR) 5th grade ten year old girls…their personalities range from quiet and shy to LOUD and SUPER MOUTHY. o.m.g. One of the girls is absolutely horrible to the troop leader. We’ve been to two meetings now, tonight being the second one, and I swear if I was the troop leader I would have booted that ‘lil chick right out of the troop by now. So, in the interest of getting my daughter away from this situation, I plan to call around tomorrow to see if I can get her placed in a different, larger troop so that she can really enjoy and benefit from the experience of being a Girl Scout. We’ll see what happens!


On a happy note, though…

COOKIE SALES START ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!


We’re actually going to do a cookie kick-off tomorrow night. I am so excited! Samantha is going to set her goals high and aim to sell at least 500 boxes so that she can choose between 4 amusement park passes and a portable DVD player :) On the other hand, if she sells 60 boxes, she will get an awesome pen :) lol BUT if she sells 1000 boxes, she gets an iPod Touch. That’s doable, right??? Yeah, we’ll see how it goes.

Wish us luck!!!


Blogging Hints Catch a Wave Wednesday Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I can't imagine girl scouts like that! And cookies are $3.50 a box?! WOW. I remember selling them for $2.50. Guess that's not too bad ;)

    Thanks for following me and sharing the button for our blog hop! Hope to see you there next week as well!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower, will you follow me?
    http://songberries.blogspot.com/2010/09/buzz-on-by-thursday-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!