Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Goodbye, Rue

I was so sad to hear about the sudden (well, relatively sudden) passing of our beloved Blanche Devereaux…

I mean Rue McClanahan.

I’m pretty much a Golden Girls fanatic and I think Rue was such a talented, hilarious actress ~ although I’m happy to be able to say that I am too young to have seen her in anything other than the GG. I started watching the show with my mom when I was about nine years old, and although I didn’t get most of the very adult jokes, I instantly LOVED it. On top of the humor, there was just something SO comforting about the whole dynamic of the show and its characters. It’s hard to explain, but I know that other crazy fans like me know just what I mean. And now my own nine year old likes to watch it with me! To this day, no matter how crappy I may be feeling about whatever is going on in my life, I can turn on the GG and my mood instantly improves. (fyi, it’s on the Hallmark Channel every week night from 11pm to 1am)

So now, Betty is the only one left :-( So sad.
But I do LOVE this picture…
betty
May the force be with you, Rose. I mean Betty.

And now, in tribute to Rue, here is a video
of my very favorite Blanche scene...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!