Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Time to listen

I just spent the past 40 minutes laying in bed next to my little girl, talking about anything and everything she could think of. That is the greatest feeling!! As I went to tuck her in, she asked me to please cuddle with her for a little while, so I did. It's so important to me that she knows she can talk to me about anything, and I think it's little things like that which make a huge impact on the life of a child. I mean, I have very vivid memories of when I was nine years old. Some good, some really not good at all. I want to do what I can to help my kids chock their brain cells full of happy childhood memories. Like tonight - just the fact that I laid there with her and listened to her talk for that short time left her drifting to sleep with a sweet little grin on her face :) Makes me feel like I've done my job well....Oh, by the way, I don't post things like this to toot my own horn (as some might think)! That's just ridiculous! I might sound "braggy" (even though that's not a word), but I'm just expressing my personal feelings and views on parenting and my two wonderful children, that's all!

Anyway - cherish the little moments, Moms and Dads! Sometimes they end up meaning more than anything to your child!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet it brought tears to my eyes! It also brought back memories for me.........have I mentioned you are a good mom?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!