Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sneaky Boy

Last night, as I knelt down by my son's bed to tuck him in for the night, I was mesmerized by his sweet little face as he sat criss-cross-applesauce under his Cars blanket and looked very thoughtfully all around at his bedroom walls. I just stayed there silently for a few seconds & waited because he really seemed to be searching for something. Finally I asked him what he was looking for, and a few seconds later he yells "OH, LOOK MOMMY!" and points to the wall behind me. So I turn and look at the wall, expecting to see something new that he drew and taped on his wall while I was at work or something. But nope....nothing new that I could see. So I, still looking at the wall, said......"What? You want me to see how you hung up your hats really nicely on the rack or something?....what am I looking at?"..... And when I turned back to look at him.........he had his little pointer finger shoved waaaaaayyyyyyyy up inside his nose. It didn't occur to me right then what he had just done. Because he quickly yanked his finger from his nose and pointed at the wall again and said "Hey! ummmmm............did you ever....notice......that awesome Hulk sticker right there by my door?! That's pretty cool, huh?", and I turned to look at it and said "You mean that sticker that's been there for like two years now, buddy?", and again, when I looked back at him, his finger was wedged in his nose!!! THEN I burst out laughing as it occurred to me....he was pulling the famous "oh hey look at that really amazing imaginary thing over there so I can do something you don't want me to do while you're distracted" trick! And it almost worked. So after I made him go wash his hands, he asked me why I was laughing. I think he knew I was on to him. I just told him I just thought of something funny. He gave me this crinkley-nosed, guilty smile and snuggled under his blanket while I tucked him in and kissed his little chipmunk cheeks and said goodnight. The boy KNOWS Mommy does not like it when he sticks his fingers in his nose. lol....I guess I must've walked in at a time of desparation.

1 comment:

  1. You have so many funny David stories! So glad you are writing them all down!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!