Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

We Are The World

In light of recent events, my daughter has become very interested in learning about Michael Jackson...and I have been happy to show her a little bit about who he was....(while cautiously staying away from certain questionable events in his life, of course.) In the process, I came across this video, which I remember watching with my parents the very first time it aired on national television in 1985...hard to believe I was only seven years old then...yikes. I have to admit, I am feeling very nostalgic for my childhood today. I honestly don't remember the voices sounding this beautiful together! And Steve Perry is in it!! lol, that's reason enough for me to watch it again...and again.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that video in YEARS! It gave me goosebumps just like the first time I saw it back in the 80s. I don't remember all those people being in it - Harry Belafonte, Ray Charles, Paul Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think of ebay. I going to look though. I don't know the titles or authors so I basically have nothing, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!