Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

A Proud Moment

We received a letter in the mail today from Samantha's school...I can honestly say that I fought back tears as my husband read it to me over the phone:

"Dear Jeffrey & Tara,

The Teachers Association is proud to sponsor the Beacon Award as a way to recognize students in our school who strongly exhibit the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence, and Integrity.

Your daughter has been selected by her teacher for being a "Beacon" in the classroom. Your child's teachers believe that her personality allows these important values to shine throughout our school. Our enclosed magnet is designed to recognize your child's special qualities at school. We hope that you display it proudly. The Beacon magnet is a subtle way for you to boast about your fine student.

Congratulations for raising such a special student. We wish you and your family all the best.

Sincerely, The Teachers Association"

How great is that?! It's just so wonderful to know that we aren't the only ones who see what a truly special little girl Samantha is!!! Both of our kids are amazing, and just when I think I couldn't be more proud of them, something like this happens to amaze me even more!

Oh! Also - Samantha told us today that her art teacher has chosen one of her drawings to be framed and displayed permanently on the school's "Wall of Fame"! So I'm so glad I took this picture of her with it at the Art Festival last month! 'Cause I guess it's never coming home! lol

 100_7453a

Ok, I'm done bragging. For today at least ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!