Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Freaky Thursday

So today...ok, what do I say about today? Well, it's not a full moon...BUT......(beware of run-on sentence ahead).....First the day starts off absolutely BEAUTIFUL, then a monsoon hits in the mid-afternoon (seriously, the thunder literally shook my giant building downtown)...then I hear from my husband that our living room was overtaken by hundreds of tiny little ants - feasting on one of our dog's treats...then my little boy injures his toe really badly in the driveway, and he's not even really sure how he did it...then it gets beautiful outside again, like nothing ever happened with the psychotic weather change...then Layla (our dog) inexplicably gets off her chain somehow and wanders around the neighborhood...then I hear Farrah Fawcett has finally lost her long battle to cancer...then I hear my cousin is being deported from Canada.....and THEN I HEAR.....ummm....MICHAEL JACKSON...DIED?!!! HUH?!? Where did THAT come from?! How does that happen?? He can die?? Isn't he some sort of superhuman being or something? A world without Michael Jackson?? What's that like? I don't even know what to say, for some reason that concept just seems absolutely CRAZY to me. In my eyes, and (I would imagine) in the eyes of anyone else who was a child in the 80's, he was larger than life. The idea of the world without him just seems......WEIRD. And now the thunderstorm is on its way back...I think I need to go hide under the bed.

2 comments:

  1. we were supposed to have a monsson today too! ours missed us today but we usually have one a week from mid june til mid august. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's funny as hell that you think a world WITHOUT MJ is wierd! lol That was just funny to read -- you'd think it would be the other way around. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!