Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

14 Years

14 Years ago today, we said our last goodbye to my Uncle Tommy... he died of Nasopharyngeal cancer, a disease he battled for five long years, in the very early hours of January 18th, 1994 and was laid to rest on the 21st.



 I'm sorry, I don't mean to be morbid. I just miss him so much still, it's like it happened yesterday. He was a very talented drummer, pretty well-known around Buffalo in the 70's and 80's, before he first got sick in 1989. He used to take me with him to rehearsals and I loved standing in front of his drum set while he practiced.... (and so, out came my obsession with songs that have loud, strong drums in them.) But most of all, he was an amazing, strong, fun, hilarious, inspirational man, and the best Uncle a little girl could ask for... I know my sister feels the same way. I just hope the people who knew him never, ever forget him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!