Pages

Monday, July 2, 2007

Goodbye, Cookie Monster.

So, I pretty much feel that I've been shit on as a fan in the past few weeks. First the Sopranos, and now the Sabres. Can no one make a decision anymore?!?


Three weeks ago, David Chase & HBO wimped out on deciding the fate of my beloved Tony Soprano... while the Sabres' powers-that-be sat on their asses & wimped out on keeping at least ONE of our captains. Go ahead and laugh at me, but I am so depressed about losing Briere and  Drury! Especially after reading the article in the Buffalo News today, quoting Briere as saying "Tell the fans that I was sincere when I said I wanted to stay in Buffalo". Read the rest of the article - I dunno, I think he was sincere...until the Flyers started throwing money at him, that is. But you know what? Who can blame him for that?? He saw no signals from the Sabres that he was wanted here any longer, and we insulted him with the offer we finally did give him, and that is just unbelievable to me! I will always love you, my Buffalo Sabres -- but you fucked up big time with this. HOW COULD YOU LET THEM BOTH GO???? Next season is gonna be so very, very different... So ok, what's the plan??? We have signed no one, other than Adam Mair... which is great, yay - he's staying - but I think we all know that we need something huge to fill the void left by Danny & Chris. And we definitely need Vanek. Thank God Miller is stuck here. Connolly - I'm having a hard time liking him right now since apparently he (his salary) was a factor in how much the Sabres were willing to spend on Drury or Briere. WHY???? Connolly -- you better be phenomenal this coming season, and well, basically you better not hit your pretty little head on anything. What do you think the chances are of that?

So, yes in case you're wondering, I still am and always will be a Sabres fan, but I am the first to admit that what management allowed to happen - or should I say, not happen - in the past six weeks is disgusting! And yes, before people start biting my head off, I do realize we still have a lot of great players - but please be realistic and think about how much Danny & Chris meant to the team. Think about how many games we would have lost, guaranteed, if they weren't there to save our asses at the last minute. All the overtime wins they got us, the goals they scored in the dying seconds of a game in order to tie it up and give us another chance to win, the way they kept up the morale of the rest of the team, all the shootout goals they scored, Drury diving to the ice and letting himself get beaten to hell in order to block shots... that's all over with. I'd really like to know who the Sabres think they're going to find to step in and fill those shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!