Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Whole Week Off....aaaahhhhhhh :)



  • Mood:
      Relaxed
  • Weather:  Sunny & Freezing 
I'm soooooo excited, I am off of work for the whole next week, and Samantha's off of school for the whole next week! So David, Sammi & I will be home spending time together  HOORAY!! I wish Jeff could stay home too. At least we still have tomorrow home with him. We've been having a nice, relaxing weekend at home... Samantha's school was closed yesterday because of the high winds, so she even got an extra day tacked on to her early spring vacation. That was nice. She was so excited, it was adorable! We woke up to howling winds and I checked the news -- 5 schools were listed as closed and I really never even thought for a second that they'd close her school b/c this school district has ALWAYS been the last to close for anything weather-related. I can only remember 3 times that they closed in the 9 years I went to school in this school district. Anywho, my Mom was sitting here with us after I got back from dropping Jeff off to work, and she said she bet they'd close Sammi's school and I just looked at her like she was nuts. The weather report said we were going to have very high winds, 30-40 mph with gusts up to 65 mph. Plus, around bus-stop time, it was going to snow so that would be really bad. Between 5:30 and 6:20 am, I watched EVERY school district come up as closed EXCEPT Sammi's. They were very last, finally announcing it at around 6:30. I really was surprised. Sammi was sooooo happy, she just lit up and said "I have 10 days off of school!" I think she was half hoping to go to work with me but then Jane called me at 6:35 to tell me not to come in because she wasn't expecting there to be many kids coming in. So that made my day, and Sammi, David & I had a very relaxing day at home together. 
The kids are both doing great. But actually, David's still not quite himself I think because of his ear(s). I think I might take him back to the doctor this week. I don't think the amoxicillin's helping much. And something wierd happened on wednesday at daycare. He was eating lunch and suddenly developed a hive on his right cheek. He wasn't eating anything unusual, just a hot dog and some fruit & veggies he's had a zillion times before. But this hive was UGLY. It was very big like a mosquito bite and then it had a red halo all around it. It didn't seem to bother him though. So he laid on his cot and took his nap and after nap it had gone down a lot but wasn't gone. And it's still not gone. Now it's been there for 3 1/2 days and every now and then it flares up to the way it looked when it first came out. It never bothers him at all. So if it's still there Monday I'm taking him to the doctors. I don't get it. Miss Adria thinks maybe he got ahold of a honey nut cheerio Wednesday at lunch, and that's what brought it on. But that was 3 1/2 days ago now, so that can't be what caused it. And I don't think it's the amoxicillin because he's had amoxicillin countless times for his ear infections, the last time before this being only a few weeks ago -- why would he have a reaction now?? And only one hive?? I'm going to talk to the nurse at his pediatrician's and I'll take him for his allergy blood test this week too.
The kids had a great Valentine's Day! Samantha had a pizza party at school and David's class had a little party too with all their little treats. OH and Mrs. K had her baby! She had him last Saturday, the 11th at 5 something in the afternoon. She named him Evan, and he was over 8 lbs. I guess. Mirabel's mom (Mirabel's one of the little babies I take care of at work) is friends with Mrs. K, and she said they are both doing great! YAY!!! Sammi & I have said a prayer for them every night that they'd both be healthy. I'm really happy for her. Having a baby is so amazing. Sammi's just happy because she knows now that the baby's out, it means she's that much closer to having Mrs. K back at school. lol She told me today that Mrs. K said she was doing a froggie theme in the baby's room "because she thinks the baby's gonna like froggies". lol she's too cute.
Well I'm not sure if all of what I wrote makes sense to you, I was doing what Megan does and just typing things as they come into my head without really checking my grammar, etc. Megan's awesome, isn't she?! Yeah.... OK, that's all for now 
~Tara~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!