Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I want my tree back!


  • Mood: 
  • Weather:  Cloudy and WARM!! (55* right now)
So the town decided to cut down the huge tree in front of our house yesterday while we were gone at work  I don't know why, but it bugs me. They didn't give us any kind of notice, and we came home to find it gone - turned into just a pathetic little stump by the street. It was on town property so there was nothing we could do about it even if they had warned us. And now today there's a bunch of yellow flags and spraypainted arrows on our lawn by the sidewalk, so it looks like they'll be digging it up soon. Lovely. Don't they need to give us notice if they are going to be messing with our lawn??? I just thought of that - because if they are going to rip up our lawn (the arrows are on our property), we have to know that ahead of time, right? I still don't really understand why they had to cut the tree down if they have to dig up our lawn... I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they do. Jill (Kristen's mom) was home all day across the street and saw them come to cut it down, so she said she came over and asked them if she could have the wood for her fireplace. They dumped it in her driveway for her. So there's our tree - cut up into huge stump pieces and laying in our neighbor's driveway.  haha. Like I said, I don't know why I really care - it's just wierd & it bugs me & I feel bad for the dumb tree.

So........ what else is new? Samantha is learning all about coins in school right now. She's learning what pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters look like (she even learned a little rhyme to help her remember them), and she's learning how much they are worth & stuff. She catches on really well.
Ohhhhhhh wow, I have to go change David. Gross. And I have to go get Samantha soon anyway. Just wanted to vent about the tree....
~Tara~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!