Pages

Monday, January 9, 2006

Counting the Minutes

  • Mood:  Anxious
  • Weather:  
OK, I'm writing to keep myself busy right now. Samantha and Jeff went to the store, and I am nervous, just wanting them to come home. I don't know why I get this way  I always freak out whenever Sammi goes somewhere in a car and I can't relax until she gets back. I know, I'm a bit overprotective. It will be the same way with David, I'm sure -- he just doesn't really go anywhere yet because he's so little.
Hmmm... not much new here. The kids' new favorite movie is Madagascar (David & I are watching it now), ever since Megan brought it over last weekend. I have to say Jeff & I love it too, it's hilarious. "You maniac! You burned it up! Darn youDarn you all to heck!" Ahhaha that's the best part.
The Sago Miners story has bothered me a lot - I started following it pretty early on, and I was watching when they started saying the guys were alive, and then in the middle of the night I watched as they found out how untrue that information was. It upset me so bad -- I can't even begin to imagine how the families must feel. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am completely addicted to the news - especially crime and things like that (I guess that's the wannabe cop in me). Usually the stories I hear don't really get to me. This one really did though. I just don't understand why they didn't correct their mistake sooner -- the grief must have come crashing down on the families SO MUCH harder than it would have if they hadn't had their hopes up so high first. I do kind of feel bad for Ben Hatfield though. You can see he's heartsick over the whole thing, and he's so hated by the families right now. I don't care, I know people don't feel any sympathy for him - but I really do.
Well, Sammi's teacher is about to have her baby. The replacement teacher is someone Samantha already knows well from school, so I'm really thankful for that! I was afraid we'd be starting over with all the anxiety Sammi had if it was going to be a new, unfamiliar person.
David's wearing Sammi's piggie slippers, HAHA he looks so cute. YAY, they're home!!!
~ Tara ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!